This part of the trip always goes by way too fast for us, but it is always such a blast! After spending a few days in Lahaina, we drove 40 minutes south to our home for the next five nights at the Grand Wailea Resort. Here, we would be joining hundreds of Scott’s coworkers on the work incentive portion of the trip. The location of this trip rotates every year from Orlando, Palm Dessert, Scottsdale and Wailea…obviously Wailea being the cream of the crop!
With the exception of a four-hour awards ceremony on one of the days, the rest of the week is entirely up to us and what we decide we would like to participate in. A typical morning would start off with a run or walk along the beach and a legit five star breakfast buffet before kicking off the days events.
Here’s a quick rundown of the days spent at Grand Wailea:
- Check in to our room, have the rest of the day to settle in and hang by the pool. In the evening there was a welcome reception with cocktails and a (very impressive) buffet style meal. Guests could come and go during this time since a lot of people were just flying into Hawaii that day and had some serious jet lag.
- Awards ceremony in the morning until about noon and the rest of the day is free! Since the Spa is one of the best in the country, I decided to get a massage (complimentary…I know) and spent the majority of the day relaxing by the beach. Wednesday night we joined a fun group for dinner at Manoli’s Pizza Company situated on a golf course right up the hill from our resort.
- Scott decided to try surfing in the morning, while I took a complimentary hotel bike about five miles away to a lap pool and got a swim in. Friday night is always one of my favorite nights because Scott’s company puts on a theme night with a live band and fireworks. This year was an island theme (surprise, surprise!).
- Scott, Kirsten, Jay and I took advantage of the hotel bikes and road into the town of Kihei for the afternoon to walk around a grab lunch. Loved this town!
- The evening was spent with Scott’s district at Nick’s Fish Market…one of the best meals I had during my stay!
- While Scott golfed, I took advantage of the spa yet again and experienced a second facial of my entire life. Whoa, those things are magic! That evening was our final fancy dinner with the entire group from the company, which is guaranteed to be delicious and fun.
I’m always so impressed and proud of Scott for making these trips, because I know they aren’t easy. He works his butt off to get us to these type of things, and his company definitely shows appreciation for it.
And just like that, we were off to Kauai for the third and last leg of our trip!
Keep in touch with me:
Twitter -> @dailycupofkate
Pinterest -> dailycupofkate
Instagram – > dailycupofkate
Bloglovin’ -> Daily Cup of Kate