The Twin Cities Marathon is in two days and I am so excited! The weather looks absolutely perfect with a forecast of 60 degrees and lots of sunshine, so not much to worry about on that front. This year, I trained a little differently, decreasing my weekly mileage significantly and only running a max of three times per week. I also continued with CrossFit workouts about three times a week throughout my entire training, so I am anxious to see how I feel and do during the run. I guess we will see how it goes!
Speaking of doing things differently, I also did quite a few things this week I normally wouldn’t do during the week of a marathon:
- I ate half a package of Oreo Thins. Seriously, have you tried them? Thanks to my mother, I was introduced to them this week and I am kind of obsessed.
- I painted my laundry room. Why? Because when you’re supposed to tone down your workouts the week of a marathon you get kind of bored.
- I broke in a new pair of running shoes. Nothing like waiting until the very last minute, right?
- I punched the wall. Okay, not really…but I wanted to after reading this article: Black Lives Matter Says It Plans to Disrupt Twin Cities Marathon. What. A. Joke. Apparently the Mayor of Minneapolis and the leader of the group met and came to an agreement not to disrupt the marathon, but I’ll believe it when I see it.
- I drank a lot of wine. Whoops. Olivia Pope made me do it.
Here’s to hoping I finish strong!Keep in touch with me:
Twitter -> @dailycupofkate
Pinterest -> dailycupofkate
Instagram – > dailycupofkate
Bloglovin’ -> Daily Cup of Kate